There will be bots still.

#42 Ranek Blackstone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:22 PM

View PostBaron Kreight, on 11 July 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

There will be bots still.

True, but server logs are intersting things to look at. If you say fire 15 guass rounds and score 15 headshots, you'd probably get flagged, and the devs would investigate your account.

If you fired only 100 guass shots and got 99 headshots, you'd probably be banned. All they have to do it look into shots fired to shots landing on cockpits (the smallest, hardest part to hit, even for top tier players), and go from there.

#43 Sean von Steinike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:25 PM

View PostShazbawt, on 11 July 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

Ur joking right? Bioware couldn't keep up with the exploits and would eventually patch them well after the damage was done. I never got banned for exploiting the hell out of that game.

So you are a confirmed cheater and exploiter......

#44 Dozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:14 PM

View PostShazbawt, on 11 July 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

Ur joking right? Bioware couldn't keep up with the exploits and would eventually patch them well after the damage was done. I never got banned for exploiting the hell out of that game.

I'm guessing your account just got red flagged. Well done.

Edited by Dozer, 11 July 2012 - 11:15 PM.

#45 Sean von Steinike

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:49 PM

View PostDozer, on 11 July 2012 - 11:14 PM, said:

I'm guessing your account just got red flagged. Well done.

One can hope. We don't need slime exploiters and this fellow seems downright proud of cheating.

#46 Tokimonatakanimekat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:51 AM

View PostDraigUK, on 11 July 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

<[PGI]Omid> At the outset we took a hard line against cheating - we figure an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

[22:42] <[PGI]Omid> to that end we've adopted a server-authoritative model (as opposed to the client-authoritative model CryEngine uses), which has involved many changes to the net code

[22:42] <[PGI]Omid> What all this means is that regardless of what cheating tools a hacker employs, we can ensure they'll never be able to turn their torso faster than the proper rate, or move/accelerate faster than a legitimate player can

[22:43] <[PGI]Omid> This is pretty huge for a free to play game, and has definitely been one of the more challenging aspects since it didn't come engine-supported

[22:43] <[PGI]Omid> Sorry if that answer as a bit technical

Well, most of multiplayer games today use server-based calculations, so cheating with variables on client side are far in the past. Even packet-injecting went obsolete.

But, knowing how it works, I'd say there still will be cheating. Just not as powerful as enormous damage, invulnerability, speed and agility.

There still will be common aimbots, which will allow cheaters to score a perfect hit in ya mech's legs through the woods while remain undetectable visually. There still be packet-analyzing cheats, since server "tells" your client what happens, where is everyone, how much hp they have, which weapons they use and so - you just force the client to "tell" you what it knows. And always, there will be some minor client-sided calculations (since making it ALL server-sided will cause too much load), not as important as server-sided, but 1% of advantage is still an advantage.

The one exception I can name is EVE, but their servers are sleeping cybernetic homunculus that can someday gain consciousness, I guess.

I don't think that client won't be unprotected itself, but every defense has flaws, so there gonna be a constant battle between devs and cheaters, where cheaters will be one step ahead simply because of time it takes to confirm cheat existence and analyze to build a protection. Cheaters are like mosquitoes and flies - no matter how hard you keep killing them, there still will be some always. Unless the game dies. So existence of cheaters (as parasites IRL) somehow proves that game is pretty much alive.

Also... You know, majority of cheaters are just someone who use cheats developed by someone who gift them for fame or sell them (like ArtificialAiming).
But there are small number of highly-qualified cheaters who just develop custom cheats for their use only. They are like ninjas, always polite, silent and deadly - you will rarely encounter them in game (but if you do... well, may Kerensky save you - if not, your loss will look like being pwned by unusually skilled guy). If they get catched or banned - they will just change their identity and create new cheat, if previous one were compromised. I personally know some and a bit (aww, well, A LOT) jealous about their intelligence and programming skills, which leads to a pretty nice life they have. Their purpose for cheating isn't to be best player and winner - making a successful cheat gives them a lot of joy and pride. I can understand them. But my joy and pride comes from taking them down in games.

#47 Sean von Steinike

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:58 AM

View PostTokimonatakanimekat, on 12 July 2012 - 12:51 AM, said:

I personally know some and a bit (aww, well, A LOT) jealous about their intelligence and programming skills, which leads to a pretty nice life they have. Their purpose for cheating isn't to be best player and winner - making a successful cheat gives them a lot of joy and pride. I can understand them. But my joy and pride comes from taking them down in games.

I hope you enjoy reporting their disgusting behavior too. You are just as slimy and disgusting as they are if you tolerate their cheats.

#48 Arteste

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationNorth Port, Florida

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:58 AM

View PostJakebob, on 11 July 2012 - 01:57 PM, said:

people will still call "hack" when they take a gauss round to the head early in a battle.

Dude, OUCH!

#49 Tokimonatakanimekat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:07 AM

View PostSean von Steinike, on 12 July 2012 - 12:58 AM, said:

You are just as slimy and disgusting as they are if you tolerate their cheats.

Here, have something slimy:
Posted Image

That's similar to tolerating worthy opponent, who is hard, but enjoyable to beat.

Also, you know, games are like the ecosystem, and cheaters are part of it and their existence (if controlled enough) which even helps game to improve.

Edited by Tokimonatakanimekat, 12 July 2012 - 01:07 AM.

#50 Sean von Steinike

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:12 AM

View PostTokimonatakanimekat, on 12 July 2012 - 01:07 AM, said:

Here, have something slimy:
Posted Image

That's similar to tolerating worthy opponent, who is hard, but enjoyable to beat.

Also, you know, games are like the ecosystem, and cheaters are part of it and their existence (if controlled enough) which even helps game to improve.
Spoken like someone who likes cheaters. You don't report them and have the nerve to think they are good for the game. A skunk cheater is nothing like a worthy opponent. They are the dog crap of the gaming world.

#51 Slazer

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:13 AM

Hacking?

I don't know playing for 20 years now i only remember using godmode and infinit ammo in single player doom. Also there was the bankplate in the 1995 Football Manager everytime clicking it gave 30000 Credits i used that a lot to build my stadium in the first season =)

I really gon't get it what the people like on hacking exploiting, but this might be just my oppinion! Maybe i should look out for a hacking workshop and findout what it gives back in return!

#52 Tokimonatakanimekat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:14 AM

View PostSean von Steinike, on 12 July 2012 - 01:12 AM, said:

Spoken like someone who likes cheaters. You don't report them and have the nerve to think they are good for the game. A skunk cheater is nothing like a worthy opponent. They are the dog crap of the gaming world.

Who said I won't report them after I beat them? I'll also provide any feedback needed if asked to.

A skunk cheater is nothing like a worthy opponent.

Keep telling that to yourself once you get pwned by the guy who spent weeks studying CryEngine, munching on SDK and developing a cheat itself. I know they do an evil thing, but I find their way pretty elegant and badass, considering such guys someone like Sith.

Edited by Tokimonatakanimekat, 12 July 2012 - 01:20 AM.

#53 Sean von Steinike

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:18 AM

View PostTokimonatakanimekat, on 12 July 2012 - 01:14 AM, said:

Who said I won't report them after I beat them?

While you are busy trying to beat them, they are ruining the game experience for everyone around them by their dog crap actions.

#54 Schtirlitz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:22 AM

Server-side calculations and report system - good cure from cheaters :P

#55 Tokimonatakanimekat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:26 AM

View PostSean von Steinike, on 12 July 2012 - 01:18 AM, said:

While you are busy trying to beat them, they are ruining the game experience for everyone around them by their dog crap actions.

Aww, please. Stop comparing kids with bought cheats with guys who put a lot of real effort in it.
Cheating is like trolling - there are masses of people who will just insult someone and think that's it. And there are limited number of trolls, whose actions is a art.

#56 Tokimonatakanimekat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:31 AM

View PostSchtirlitz, on 12 July 2012 - 01:22 AM, said:

Server-side calculations and report system - good cure from cheaters :P

There also should be client/process-integrity monitor and custom packet encryption.

#57 Sean von Steinike

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:31 AM

View PostTokimonatakanimekat, on 12 July 2012 - 01:26 AM, said:

Aww, please. Stop comparing kids with bought cheats with guys who put a lot of real effort in it.
Cheating is like trolling - there are masses of people who will just insult someone and think that's it. And there are limited number of trolls, whose actions is a art.

Real effort at being a steaming pile of dog feces? Sounds to me like you admire these hunks of human waste whose great joy is to ruin everyone else's good time.

#58 Threedog1421

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:39 AM

As someone who never played WoT, I come from the Battlefied universe which if anyone else can attest on this board is basically a Hackers dream when it comes to choices of hack software availability. It's going to be upto the developer and how hard they combat the hackers. Look at EA/DICE. EA being the gorilla in the room dosen't give jack squat really. On PC in BF3 plan on every match having a huge possibility of a aimbotter/chammer. I just hope that we don't have a "Oh they got our moniez" situation and it's over like alot of us have seen in the FPS world. Like others have said, there will be hacking. Especiallly if hacking groups like a certain one thats all albout being artificial aiming get involved. Those douchebags put out from what i've heard/read the BMW of aimbots/chamming utilities.
It sucks monkee balls that people are forced to goto console for a mostly hack free gaming experience and deal with TERRIBLE graphics and all....

Edited by Threedog1421, 12 July 2012 - 01:40 AM.

#59 Tokimonatakanimekat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:39 AM

View PostSean von Steinike, on 12 July 2012 - 01:31 AM, said:

Real effort at being a steaming pile of dog feces?

From some perspective entire human race always put it's efforts at being a steaming pile of dog feces. If I'd be alien - I'd feel sorry for you.

Sounds to me like you admire these hunks of human waste whose great joy is to ruin everyone else's good time.

It's not about ruining everyone else's good time. It's about having your own while developing cheats thus showing the game devs that their creation is still imperfect and needs fixes. It's normal for the guys I mentioned to spend weeks on creating the cheat and only some days on playing with it before they get idea for better cheat or completely different cheat.
I also appreciate them a bit for neither selling a cheat to anyone else, nor giving it for free.

#60 Tokimonatakanimekat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:44 AM

View PostThreedog1421, on 12 July 2012 - 01:39 AM, said:

As someone who never played WoT, I come from the Battlefied universe which if anyone else can attest on this board is basically a Hackers dream when it comes to choices of hack software availability.

If you want to see a real hackers dream - try APB:Reloaded. Ever since it was closed beta as original APB years ago till new APB:R it was literally swarming with cheaters because devs didn't gave any damn about it.

So, I'd say, the only working anti-cheat "device" is developers, who really care for their games.

Also WoT have a very small amount of cheaters (because of almost full server-sided calculations and how brutal devs are dealing with suspects - you likely to get banned if someone from enemy team reports you as cheater for good performance in match)

Edited by Tokimonatakanimekat, 12 July 2012 - 01:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users